Wizdom Music & moForte announce the release of GeoShred Version 2.5, an exciting update to the award-winning GeoShred musical instrument for iPad and iPhone.
GeoShred, Winner of a 2017 Electronic Musician Editor’s Choice Award as “one of the most innovative, groundbreaking products to emerge in the past twelve months”, has been upgraded with support for 3D Touch (on iPhones that support 3D Touch) control including MIDI/MPE Out, World Scales/Temperaments including Indian Ragas, and Backing Tracks.
This latest release adds:
- 3D Touch (on iPhones that support 3D Touch) to control any of GeoShred’s expressive parameters. As a MIDI controller, GeoShred coupled with 3D touch, is a full featured MIDI/MPE Controller.
- Support for World Scales and Temperaments including Indian Ragas. There is a new sympathetic string resonator modeled after what is found in many Indian musical instruments.
- Backing tracks can now be played from the iTunes library so that you can do a full blow-away solo performance.
GeoShred is highly expressive when controlling, and being controlled by, instruments that use the upcoming “MPE” MIDI specification (MIDI Polyphonic Expression). It’s both a powerful synth and a formidable iPad based MIDI/MPE controller!
GeoShred is an expressive musical instrument with a multi-touch performance surface, coupled with an advanced physical model of a guitar. A fusion of Wizdom Music’s Geo Synthesizer user interface (Jordan Rudess), and moForte’s powerful, modeled guitar and effects chain based on the next generation Physical Modeling research of Dr. Julius O. Smith III of Stanford/CCRMA.
With GeoShred’s physical modeling synthesis, you can achieve realistic guitar sounds that bend, stretch and manipulate the sound into endless possibilities. You can explore, edit and control the physics of a guitar model – including solid or hollow body, nylon or metal strings, pick position, harmonics and more.
GeoShred is NOT just another app. GeoShred is a powerful, musical instrument that offers a performance environment on a multi-touch surface unlike anything you’ve ever experienced.
GeoShred Features Include
- A fluidly expressive playing surface coupled with a Physically modeled guitar
- MIDI IN/OUT and MPE support
- MIDI control using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, virtual MIDI and all digital interfaces including the TASCAM iXR and iConnectivity
- MIDI configuration presets
- 3D touch on iPhones that support 3D touch
- Customizable control surface that can be mapped to physical MIDI Controls
- Inter-App Audio and Audiobus support
- Backing tracks from the iTunes library
- Multiple Modeled effects
- Modeled feedback and VCF effects
- Echo, a unique looper and multi-tap echo
- Finger vibrato, slide and fret scraping
- Unique mono mode using intervals of multiple strings
- Built in arpeggiator
- Alternative tunings
- Support for world scales and temperaments including Indian Ragas.
- Intelligent pitch rounding
- Easily share presets with friends
″one of the most innovative, groundbreaking products to emerge in the past twelve months” – Electronic Musician, 2017 Editor’s Choice Award
“GeoShred is brilliant- it’s a real instrument.” – Eddie Jobson
“A fantastic new invention which is going to revolutionize the way music is played, expressed and learned! “GeoShred” is one of the foremost best musical inventions I’ve had the pleasure to experience in recent years. Definitely 5 stars out of 5! GIGANTASTIVISSIMO…..R…A…Z !!!!!” – Patrick Moraz
”That’s just nuts. You’re [Jordan] the best-guitarist-without-a-guitar of all time” – Joe Satriani
“GeoShred is a breakthrough [musical instrument] for the iPad. Some might think it’s the best evidence yet that there has indeed been reverse engineering of alien technology, but if that’s the case, then aliens play guitar…and worship Jimi Hendrix.” – Craig Anderton, Harmony Central
“GeoShred is a completely innovative music instrument that has become an essential tool for me in both worlds; on stage and in the studio. The quality, flexibility, expressibility and reliability of GeoShred have made it my go-to (and admittedly must used) iOS music app!” – Diego Tejeida, Haken
“GeoShred makes it really easy to slide between different pitches (including microtones) and we all know about the iPad’s terrific multi-touch display surface. This makes it my most preferred instrument to play Indian Classical Music. My favourite feature is the ability to set custom pitches and raagas; which provides a great reference while playing diatonically.”
– Mahesh Raghvan
“This is one of the best musical things to have ever happened to iOs. Amazing app, empowering non-stringed instrument players like me to think and play like a stringed instrumentalist. Its sounds are amazing and so are the features especially the MIDI implementation which allows you to play whatever sound you want to play, using your iDevice. I use it to play Indian & western music. Thank you Mr. Rudess and moforte for this masterpiece of an instrument!!!”
– Navneeth Sundar, composer, pianist, song-writer and performer
” GeoShred is making an artist bring the best out of all genres of music. I am enjoying its authenticity and proud as an Indian Classical Artist to be associated with the GeoShred’s family.”
Designed for the iPad2/iPhone 4s or better